TOP TIKTOK STATISTICS (2023): KEY FACTS, FIGURES, & DATA
Updated: 5 days ago
After years of impressive growth, TikTok has skyrocketed even further in recent months.
The red hot app is driving up a revival of short video and it’s interactive, collaborative, and downright addictive.
Recently, TikTok has provoked a string of copycat updates from other platforms like YouTube Shorts and Instagram Reels.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. TIKTOK HAS BEEN DOWNLOADED OVER 3.5 BILLION TIMES
According to Sensor Tower’s Q1-2022 report, TikTok has been downloaded over 3.5 billion times, becoming just the fifth app (and the only one not owned by Meta) to do so.
2. THE AVERAGE USER SPENDS AN AVERAGE OF OVER 91 MINUTES ON TIKTOK EACH DAY
Beating out YouTube for the first time, the average TikTok user now spends more than 1.5 hours on the app a day.
3. TIKTOK USERS OPEN THE APP 19 TIMES EVERYDAY ON AVERAGE
According to a leaked pitch deck from TikTok itself, the average TikTok user opens the app at least 19 times per day,
4. TIKTOK HAS 755 MILLION MONTHLY ACTIVE USERS IN 2022
Accoring to data from Insider Intelligence, TikTok now has over 755 million MAUs on their app, exceeding LinkedIn, Reddit, Twitter, & Pinterest.
5. TIKTOKS MONTHLY ENGAGEMENT RATE IS OVER 4%
Median brands are earning an average engagement rate per follower of 4.1% on TikTok, which is 6x Instagram and way, way more than Facebook and Twitter.
6. ONLY 25% OF TIKTOK USERS ARE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 10-19
The demographics of TikTok continue to mature. As of 2021, the only 25% made up the 10-19 segment, while 22.4% were between 20-29, 21.7% were between 30-39, and 20.3% were between 40-49. Not exactly a platform just limited to ‘the kids’.
7. TIKTOK WOMEN OUTNUMBER MEN WORLDWIDE AS OF 2022
In prior years, females far exceeded men on TikTok, but that appears to be changing. While women still represent a larger portion of users, that seems to be changing.
8. TIKTOK IS AVAILABLE IN 154 COUNTRIES AND OVER 35 LANGUAGES
TikTok is a major player in the markets that it is a part of. That said, it is currently banned in a number of countries including India, Russia, Indonesia, and others.